Aren’t you using zsh yet? C’mon, the last version was released last July 27! Just type:
brew install zsh && curl -L https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh/raw/master/tools/install.sh | shMore info.
Slides which explain perfectly what you could do with Heroku (everything)
For example, a circular dependency is just a signal that you should change something.
If you’re interested on another post with an example of an application using requirejs with Backbone (bootstrapping your app) let me know and I’ll write it.
I just realized that there’re many people out there wasting their time adding breakpoints in their js console. Why, instead of going to the specific js file and add a breakpoint with your JS console on your browser, don’t you add this to your code?. Do it and you’re done:
Good talk about the Ember.js principles
If you’re using modules in your Sinatra app and you’re using Mustache, bear in mind that you should specify the new namespace like this:
require 'mustache/sinatra' class Hurl "path/to/mustache/templates", # Should be the path to your .rb Mustache view files. :views => "path/to/mustache/views", # This tells Mustache where to look for the Views module, # under which your View classes should live. By default it's # the class of your app - in this case `Hurl`. That is, for an :index # view Mustache will expect Hurl::Views::Index by default. # If our Sinatra::Base subclass was instead Hurl::App, # we'd want to do `set :namespace, Hurl::App` :namespace => Hurl } get '/stats' do mustache :stats end endIf not, Sinatra won’t find your (mustache) views. More info
Work remotely sometimes could be annoying, especially when you have a trouble with something and you can’t share it quickly.
This works to me:
1. Record a screencast (I use http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html) and explain your problem to “another person”.
2. Watch the screencast. If you explained your problem wrong, repeat the step 1!!
The 98% of cases I just found a solution by myself. With the other 2%… I share the screencast that I already recorded, :D.